Thursday, April 26, 2012

Mark B and Blade from the UK - Rindge Leaphart Review

I came across the CD while in the UK back in 2000 or 2001.  I stopped into a music store and asked the sales guy to recommend a good rap CD.  He pointed me in the direction of Mark B and Blade.  What a great album..  Years later and this CD still excites me.  One of the things I like about the CD is that it reminds me of what hip hop in the US used to be.  Fat beats, great dj, with scratching, and tight lyrics.  The rapper told his story (or I assume it was his).  Minimal foul language and 12 tracks or so that were all tight.  This is a great CD that I rarely tire of.  Anybody else know of any good UK rappers that they would recommend?



Rindge Leaphart

http://tunedr.blogspot.com/2012/03/hip-hop-classics-mark-b-and-blade.html

2 comments:

  1. Hey, thanks for the comments on my blog. For that old school flavour, look up some other UK Mc's like Jehst, Lewis Parker or Skitz for starters. If you liked Mark B and Blade then you will definitely like that heavyweight selection.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the recommendation. I think Mark B (or is it Blade) gives a shout out to Lewis Parker on his CD. I'll take listen to some of his music.

    ReplyDelete